Why Publish with UBC Press?
Getting Your Manuscript Approved / Preparing a Proposal
• Thesis Revision Guidelines
• Collection Advice
• Suggestions for Contributors
• Successful Proposal Sample #1 (PDF)
• Successful Proposal Sample #2 (PDF)
• Successful Proposal Sample #3 (PDF)
• ASPP Registration Form (download, Word)
Now That Your Manuscript Has Been Approved
• Manuscript Preparation Guide (PDF)
• Permissions Guidelines (PDF)
• Sample Permission Request (download, Word)
• Documentation Samples (PDF)
• Artwork Guidelines (PDF)
• Art Inventory Form (download, Word)
Marketing Your Book
• Video: A Session on Scholarly Book Publishing
View Randy Schmidt, Senior Editor, present an overview of: the different kinds of publishers, scholarly publishers and how they work, and what to consider when choosing a publisher.
• Article: The art of responding to peer reviews: Understanding and engaging reviewers is key to winning the confidence of editorial boards (University Affairs)
Francine McKenzie, UBC Press author, has published an illuminating and interesting article in University Affairs on the peer review process. You will find this helpful to read before you send your manuscript into review with us.