Book Publishing Seminar
12:30PM to 1:30PM ET
L.R. Wilson Hall room 2001
Also available via Zoom
James MacNevin, senior editor, is holding a book publishing talk at McMaster University.
The in-person talk features a 45-minute presentation followed by a question-and-answer period.
The talk will focus on scholarly book publishing and provides an opportunity to learn about the process of publishing with a university press in Canada. Discussion topics include:
- what distinguishes university presses from other publishers
- how to locate the appropriate publisher for your work
- how to prepare an attractive prospectus
- how to turn your thesis into a book
- the peer review process
- sources of funding for scholarly monographs
- what to expect of your publisher and what your publisher will expect of you
This session is open to all faculty, advanced PhD students, and postdoctoral fellows.
You are also welcome to join via Zoom.
If you are unable to attend but would like to set up a separate meeting to discuss a specific book proposal, please email James MacNevin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Receive the latest UBC Press news, including events, catalogues, and announcements.