Scholarly Book Publishing talk with James MacNevin
Our very own James MacNevin, Senior Editor, is holding a book publishing talk at the University of Guelph on Tuesday, 28 November 2017.
This talk is hosted by the University of Guelph. From their website: http://cal.lib.uoguelph.ca/event/3438635
The talk will focus on scholarly book publishing in the humanities and social sciences. It will provide an opportunity to learn about the process of publishing with a university press.
Topics of discussion include:
- What distinguishes university presses from other publishers
- Finding a publisher for your work
- How to prepare an attractive prospectus
- Turning your thesis into a book
- Sources of funding
- e-Books and open access
- What to expect of your publisher and what your publisher will expect of you
If you are unable to attend but would like to set up a separate meeting to discuss a specific book proposal, please email James MacNevin at email@example.com.
Receive the latest UBC Press news, including events, catalogues, and announcements.Subscribe to our newsletter now
Read past newsletters