The Informed Gardener Blooms Again
Linda Chalker-Scott offers her more than twenty years of experience in the field of plant physiology to help home gardeners, landscape architects, and nursery and landscape professionals develop scientifically based sustainable landscaping practices. The Informed Gardener Blooms Again provides answers to questions such as:
- Does using drought-tolerant plants reduce water consumption?
- Is it more effective to spray fertilizers on the leaves of trees and shrubs than to apply it to the soil?
- Will cedar wood chips kill landscape plants?
- Should ladybugs be used in the garden as a form of pest control?
- Does aerobically brewed compost tea suppress disease?
A no-nonsense, no-hype, nothing-to-sell-but-the-truth voice that straddles an important line between hearsay gardening and scientific fact in ornamental horticulture.
Receive the latest UBC Press news, including events, catalogues, and announcements.Subscribe to our newsletter now
Read past newsletters