*IMPORTANT! UBC Press e-books (including PDFs) require Adobe Digital Editions. Please download and configure Adobe Digital Editions before clicking the e-book download link. Please note that all e-books (this includes PDFs) cannot be printed, nor can you copy/paste text.
UBC Press e-books can be read on the majority of e-book readers, including Kindle Fire (not Kindle), Apple iPad, and most Android devices. Please read the instructions below to download your e-book.
Note: We recommend that you download the e-book to your main computer and then access this download from any linked devices that you have. Alternatively, you can download straight to a single device.
- If you do not have it already, please download Adobe Digital Editions (ADE).
- The first time you open the program, ADE will ask you to authorize your computer. The best way to do this is to create an Adobe ID linking the book with your ID. If you later open the book on another computer, you can simply supply the same ID to open the book.
- Click the "Create an Adobe ID" link. After creating the ID on the Adobe website, you can close the browser window, return to ADE, and enter the newly-created Adobe ID.
- If you wish to transfer the e-book to another device, such as an iPad, you need to download a specific e-book reader app on to your secondary device and then move the file to the appropriate folder on your computer. A step by step guide can be found here.
- You should then be able to read the e-book on your device(s). If you require any support or guidance, please click here.
Receive the latest UBC Press news, including events, catalogues, and announcements.Subscribe to our newsletter now
Read past newsletters